Re: 0.1.54

eskil@eazel.com writes:

> Basically, I load irda, irport, ircomm, ircomm-tty and irlan.
> I then run "irmanager -d /dev/ttyS1" which responds with
> IrDA: Unable to find requested dongle.

AFAIK, you need to create an ircomm0 device, not use the ttyS
device that the IR port is on.  That's what I had to do with
mine.

My /dev/ircomm0 is

crw-rw----    1 root     root     161,   0 Jul 21 10:29 ircomm0

though I haven't tried the sync since upgrading to pinstripe.

> I'm unsure as to what the hell the parameters to irmanager
> do. What are the dongles and such ?

Dongles are if you had an external ir thing you attached to your
serial port.

92 days, 18 hours, 53 minutes, 13 seconds till we run away.
TRANSACTION CANCELLED - FARECARD RETURNED