Re: 0.1.54

"David A. Desrosiers" wrote:

> > I've finally gotten around to begin to try irda sync, but only gotten
> > as far as upgrading the palmos.
>
>         Make sure to have fresh batteries (or a full charge), and *DON'T
> INTERRUPT THE PORT*

Yeah, flashrom upgrades are spooky, byt it survived.

I've also fiddled with the irport, and it definitely looks like the ir port
on
my laptop is not just a decorative piece of plastic. But I have still not
been successfull in getting it to work.

Basically, I load irda, irport, ircomm, ircomm-tty and irlan.
I then run "irmanager -d /dev/ttyS1" which responds with
IrDA: Unable to find requested dongle. ttyS1 shows up in
dmesg, should I use a non-existing ttyS (2) ?
Then I run "irattach /dev/ttyS1 -s".

No using irdadump, I see no output whatsoever.

I'm unsure as to what the hell the parameters to irmanager
do. What are the dongles and such ?

/dev/eskil