Re: 0.1.54

> There was a specific buffer overflow with device names more the 13
> char (stupid limitation in pilot-link, cannot fix it in gnome-pilot,
> sorry).

	The character limitation has been fixed actually. Once I release
0.9.5 (maintenance release, basically), you'll see these and more fixes
rolled into it.

	Now that people are using usbdevfs and afs, the limitation
definately needed to be cleaved from the project. =)

> I was told that it might be the problem for IrDA ports.

	Definately not the problem. I have /dev/irnine as my port, and if
I symlink it to something shorter (/dev/ir, for example), it still fails,
however I'm running a post-0.9.3. version of pilot-link here, which has a
254-character limit on device names, so that shouldn't be the issue
either.

	Needs more investigation.

> I've finally gotten around to begin to try irda sync, but only gotten
> as far as upgrading the palmos.

	Make sure to have fresh batteries (or a full charge), and *DON'T
INTERRUPT THE PORT*

	I've seen people try that and there was some interruption between
the port and palm, and their palm ended up being $200 paperweight. You can
send it back to palm and for a paltry fee of $100.00, they'll return it to
you with the original OS installed back on it.