Re: Bug 2659 ?

Eskil Heyn Olsen writes:
 > > In all this cases, "conduitCfg" is NULL (as set in signal_connect) and
 > > it is dereferenced in "save_configuration". What is the intent here?
 >
 > Cripes, now I remember. Memoconduit and email had their load_config calls
 > removed, since the capplet didn't support editing the fields. Therefore
 > the gtk_signal_connect calls the connect to the
 > doTrySettings/doSaveSettings pass NULL instead of a ConduitCfg structure.
 >
 > I'll fix the capplets to load the configuration, but they will still lack
 > the editing capabilities.

That is until they are implemented, right? :) Its my understanding that
eventualy capplets should be able to edit all the fields in config,
no? And then you have to do something similar to backup conduit for
Try/Revert/Save. Am I understanding this correctly?

On a completely separate note, can conduits ever have popup-gui
screens to indicate progress? Is this envisioned? Like for example
backup conduit showing progress bar with current file being backed
up, etc... [Message in a log is good for developers, but not users :)]

-Vadim