Re: Bug 2659 ?

On Sat, 16 Oct 1999, Vadim Strizhevsky wrote:

>  > I'll fix the capplets to load the configuration, but they will still lack
>  > the editing capabilities.
> That is until they are implemented, right? :) Its my understanding that
> eventualy capplets should be able to edit all the fields in config,

Correct, somebody just has to write all the gtk code to do it. Look in
backup conduit for hints, if you want to try.

> On a completely separate note, can conduits ever have popup-gui
> screens to indicate progress? Is this envisioned? Like for example
> backup conduit showing progress bar with current file being backed
> up, etc... [Message in a log is good for developers, but not users :)]

I have considered adding some callbacks that conduits can use, to indicate
process, eg. a message and thereafter some calls to make a
percent-progress-bar. However, these are still things I'll save till the
software is more stable.

/dev/eskil