Re: 0.1.43 memo conduit

On Sat, 20 Nov 1999, Charles R. Tersteeg wrote:

> 3.  I did delete the dir and start all over from nothing.  I have been
> working on some other things (I wish I had some formal training in linux

And how do we prevent this from happening in the future ? We can't rely on
people not deleting their stuff.

Brainstorming, haven't thought this stuff through ;

   The conduit's pre_sync is called.
   It discovers an completely empty database.
   It sets a flags requesting "first sync"

1) Sync is synchronize
	then perform a SlowSync
2) Sync is merge to/from pilot
	then iterate over all records instead of new/modified.
3) Sync is copy from/to pilot
	Do nothing, solves itself

This would probably obsolete the current first_sync stuff.

/dev/eskil