Re: Gnome Pilot license

On Mon, 15 Nov 1999, JP Rosevear wrote:

> > gnome-pilot code. In general, no conduits except for GPL'ed may link with
> > gnome-pilot, that sort of sucks.
> Have the MALsync people been asked if they will GPL or LGPL their code
> yet?

I notified them of this some months ago, when they first approached me
reg. a gnome-pilot conduit. I got no reply then. I am now again trying to
get a hold of them.

But someday it might be something other then

Btw, is this moot, since gnome-libs is GPL'ed, having a xPL on gnome-pilot
would be "illegal", or is GPL/LGPL compatible (can they be ? Won't that
let people link non-GPL code with GPL'ed code via a LGPL layer ?)

license issues suck.

/dev/eskil