Re: AvantGo

On Sat, 13 Nov 1999, Vadim Strizhevsky wrote:

> Both are of high interest as far as I'm concerned :) Are you
> doing/planing any work on gnomecard conduit, or is that permanently
> waiting for its corbanization?

Gnomecard has a large idl file at its side, but it doesn't seem to be
implemented, nor as easy for a conduit to use as gnomecals. I probably
wont be doing any gnomecard work till I get my act together and finish the
gnomecal conduit, since this also includes the todo conduit.

> malsync, which as-is is a stand-alone executable, to allow for use as
> part of greater syncing process. I.e so that it doesn't open/close

That version could be used by a simple gnome-pilot conduit I suppose.

> socket and initiate process by itself. And he also wrote the
> PilotManager conduit for it:

That was also my idea. Basically, it should be possible to wrap it inside
a custom conduit within 48 hours. I almost think the hardest part is
getting a test mal server up and running plus writing a capplet for the
conduit:)

> conduit, although I wasn't sure how it can be done with malsync being
> MPL.

As stated, I'm more for code quantity then code license. But I'll ask
around.

/dev/eskil