Re: AvantGo

Eskil Heyn Olsen writes:
 > I've been wanting to look more into it, but I don't know how the interest
 > is compared to a gnomecard conduit.

Both are of high interest as far as I'm concerned :) Are you
doing/planing any work on gnomecard conduit, or is that permanently
waiting for its corbanization?

And since we're on topic of avantgo I should mention this effort I saw on
on PilotManager list. The guy basically did a patch to pilot-link and
malsync, which as-is is a stand-alone executable, to allow for use as
part of greater syncing process. I.e so that it doesn't open/close
socket and initiate process by itself. And he also wrote the
PilotManager conduit for it:

http://slug.arlut.utexas.edu/~jbaughmn/pilotmgr/malsync-conduit-howto.txt

I figured that was basically what we needed to make a gnome-pilot
conduit, although I wasn't sure how it can be done with malsync being
MPL.

-Vadim