Re: The queue

On Tue, 20 Jul 1999 jrb@redhat.com wrote:

> Thanks Eskil, although my pizza hasn't arrived yet... (-:

Oh sorry, that service is for EU residents only, must fix...

> It seems to mostly work.  Right now, the only problem I have is knowing
> how to remove it from the queue.  I wrote a little program quickly in

How does you do the GMC handle ? Have you simply made a "open with" thing,
or can you like with rpms make menu entries on the right-mouse click for
installing the file ?

> gnome-pilot/conduits/file/ called gpilot_install_file.  It naively
> installs the file in all pilots available -- I'm quite sure what the
> best interface should be.  Maybe a command-line switch to be added???

Well, gpilotd_client takes two arguments, pilotid and filename.

> of the file will take place, it will leave an entry in
> ~/.gnome/gnome-pilot.d/queue, and it will try to install the (now)

Ack, thats a bug that I must have made somewhere recently. It's supposed
to at least decrease the number-of-requests. Will fix.

> file.  However, I'm not sure if that's the right place to do so (for

No, gpilotd calls a method orbed_notify_completion that tells the client
that the request is done, plus calls gpc_queue_purge_request which should
remove the request. Either gpc_queue_purge_request is broken or the call
is never made.

> that matter, I'm not 100% sure that GNOME_Pilot_PERSISTANT is what I

We had planned to make two types of calls, IMMEDIATE and PERSISTANT, and
basically the difference was whether the call should survive the daemon
(eg. boot), or if the call was to be anulled when the daemon was killed.

So PERSISTANT(sp?) is ok. (uhm, isn't that spelled with a E instead of A
btw ?)

/dev/eskil