Re: gnome-pilot installed...

On Mon, Aug 23, 1999 at 03:02:43PM +0200, Eskil Heyn Olsen wrote:
> On Wed, 18 Aug 1999 kscott-list@pcisys.net wrote:
>
> > What I really want to do is sync my calendar into Gnome Calendar. I heard
> > that this was possible. Can anyone confirm this? Better yet, can anyone
> > give me a pointer as to HOW to do this?
>
> Not via gnome-pilot. Theres a program in gnome-pim/gncal/ that should copy
> your pilots calendar into gnome-cal, but I've never tried it. The problem
> is, noone has written the conduit for syncing the calendar.

This program is called calendar-pilot-sync.. It works fairly well, but
needs to be rewritten with the new conduit api. Jonathan has been
working on this a bit.

> > Also, what conduits are available for the address book and for setting the
> > time of the Pilot.
>
> None and none. But as soon as the new conduit api is done (99.9% now),
> I'll be happy to help in writing these :-)

I'm going to try to get a memo conduit working somewhat soon. I think
we have a bit of a chicken & egg problem now. We can't test the
conduit api without a conduit, and can't write conduits without a
working api. ;)

Peter