Re: gpilot CORBA use

On Wed, 30 Sep 1998, Eskil Heyn Olsen wrote:

> > gpilot design is so far, how you thought CORBA should fit into it, and
> > what issues were unclear, I'll be glad to answer.
>
> We've solved a lot of them, but the current is, is ORBit threadsafe or is
> there something about that we need to know before we kill ourselves ?

Ah, see, that begs the question "Why are you using threads?" :)

Answering your question, ORBit is probably not threadsafe in many places,
although the infrastructure for it is there and in some places it is.

> Also, I'm currently writing gpilotd using exceptions, and orbit-idl makes
> some notes reg. "** WARNING **: Finish up exception handling in
> skeletons", is something going to be wrong if I use exceptions ?

You're not going to get the exception data back if you use user exceptions
- you will still get the exception though. (i.e. use empty exceptions :)

> Also, did you ever get my questions about a .dk gnome CVS mirror ?

No, but at present anonCVS seems to be doing fairly well with 4 mirrors.

-- Elliot
"In film you will find four basic story lines. Man versus man, man
 versus nature, nature versus nature, and dog versus vampire."
    - Steven Spielberg