pilot-link patch for maintainer

I am compiling a patch for Kenneth Albanowski.  I know that there is
incomplete stuff but we haven't touched any non-obsolete code except for
datatype changes which he says he will accept.  Any objections to me doing
this?

BTW: Does anyone have a 64 bit system to test pilot-link on?  Due to the
assumption throughout the code that long = 32 bits, I am not sure things
will work.  I have tried to fix the more serious versions of this but I
can't test unless someone will donate an Alpha or Ultra to me :).  Ultra
Sparc and Alpha testing would be useful because some bugs may not show up
on the little endian Alpha, but Sparc64 is big endian.

Manish Vachharajani               Some Haiku: A crash reduces
<mvachhar@vger.rutgers.edu>                   your expensive computer
                                              to a simple stone - Unknown