Re: GNOME projects (fwd)

Oy...

(forwarded to gnome-pilot-list, if you guys wan't to add to my ramblings)

> Could all authors try and send me some info on their application and what its
> for, etc.  some neat features.  I'm going to show off all of these apps that
> people send me info on, so please do it :)

We're a couple of persons working on a gnome-pilot system. You can find
the current info and features on http://www.gnome.org/gnome-pilot (along
with the few meek screenshort there are).

Tech stuff:  In short, our first goal is a single user daemon, that
handles all the pilot communication and conduit launching. Applications
will speak to the daemon using CORBA. The gpilotd supports conduits in the
style described by 3com in their tech documents. Currently there are only
conduits for backing up the pilot, installing files, and syncing MemoDb
notes to PC directories. It currently supports multiple pilots pr. user
and multiple cradles pr. pc. (see Future goals).

Human stuff:  The package will include conduits for most of the gnome
productivity applications (eg. gnomecal and gnomecard), and at least
conduits for the standard pilot applications. It will have a easy setup
system using a control-center "capplet", and feature a gnome-panel applet
supporting dnd file installation.

Future goals:  A more "lpd" alike daemon, where the same daemon supports
multiple users, so the PC can be used as a sync-station for a office. Also
features to let people install files to other peoples pilots (with some
security of course) plus a gui admin tool.

Good luck.

eskil