Re: FAO: Gnome Packaging Project

Hi,

On Thu, 2004-09-16 at 12:43, Karl Lattimer wrote:
> Dear List,
>
> As of recent postings to this list I would like to make the following
> proposal.
>
> At present there is no defined direction or objective of this project.
> The list admin seems absent so therefore there is no project manager.
> The project appears to have been dormant since a week after its creation
> (those dates are 2000 btw).

Lets get some direction sorted :)

[...]

The first things that come to mind are: -

1. How many people are here that are willing to help?

2. In my mind, We will need to work closely with the gnome package
developers and various linux distribution maintainers and develop some
standards for the spec files (standards documented and posted on a
gnome-packaging webpage?). Ensuring that these standards comply with
their own.

3. Figure out the easiest and most efficient way of dealing with #2

4. Sub groups of gnome-packaging for spec builders, testers, project
liasions, distribution liasons etc?

thoughts?

/pt

3.