[Fwd: Fedora Lists and Jobs]

Here's the announcement for the recently created fedora lists.  I've
joined them, and have started some discussion related to unattended
building of RPMs on the -devel list.
	Greg

--
Gregory Leblanc <gleblanc linuxweasel com>
--- Begin Message ---
Fedora Development Discussion List
This is the effort to eventually integrate the various apt repositories into three levels of a unified repository (stable, testing, unstable.) For now we are working on the following:

1) Slapping together the best packages from the various repositories (freshrpms, messlab, gstreamer, etc.) and find obvious brokenness. Ugly but a start.
2) *** Figure out automated build procedure, probably based on rpmforge.
3) *** Build Fedora Bugzilla
4) *** Perhaps use rpmlint to automate finding of cross-package breakage.
5) *** Improve Fedora documentation and specifications.

*** = Volunteers Needed

Does anyone volunteer to be a Fedora Release Manager?

Matthias may I use your packages to begin Fedora's repository? (Bug fixes will be sent upstream to you, the package owner. Would you later be interested in being maintainer for these packages in the Fedora repository? Some overlapping areas where other repositories have similar packages we can discuss co-maintainership or something.)

Other packagers, is this type of arrangement okay?

Feedback would be greatly appreciated.

--
Warren Togami
warren togami com