Re: RPM Build System

On Thursday, November 14, 2002, at 11:31 AM, Gregory Leblanc wrote:

Howdy folks! I just realized that I sent this several other places, but
it never made it here.  Whoops!  Here's what I sent out to
advogato/rpm-list freshrpms net   I could use some more feedback.
Thanks,
	Greg

I have need for a system that can take SRPMs and build them in to binary
RPMs in an unattended manner. I wrote up some of my thoughts on the
topic, in a rather haphazard manner, and put them online here[1]. I've
also put up the XML source[2], (though it's using DocBook 4.1.2 instead
of DocBook 4.2, because 4.2 doesn't work properly on my RHL8.0 box)
[1]http://linuxweasel.com/~gleblanc/rpm_build_system_design.html
[2]http://linuxweasel.com/~gleblanc/rpm_build_system_design.xml

Greg -

I know you are on the rpm list so I'm sure you saw the posting about some rpm python utilities and example code but for others, check out http://people.redhat.com/laroche/rpmutils.tar.gz There's some good stuff there and I think it could be helping in building this system.

I'm hoping to have some other feedback on the actual process in a bit as I've built something similar for work..

josh