Re: pre-pre version of new spec files / srpms / rpms

On Sat, 2002-01-19 at 21:50, Chris Chabot wrote:
> Ok, ive gone ahead and invested my free saterday in rewriting the spec
> files for the gnome 2 alpha release. You can find the fruits of my labor
> at :
>
> http://mailman.chabotc.com/pre-gnome2
>
> It includes RPM's (redhat 7.2 build), SRPMS, and .spec files.
>
> For the most part, all critical dependencies are now filled in in the
> packages, also the gnome2 naming style is used. (packages which were put
> on the ftp.gnome.org site did not use this 'default' naming convention
> which was decided on for gnome2, thus breaking any redhat 7.2 system

Decided on?  Default?  I missed something, are you just talking about
appending the major version number to the name of the package?  (gconf2,
gnome-core2, and so on)

> without much manual labor).
>
> Consider these a pre release of the packages, everything has been
> rebuild and installed a couple of times on different machines here, and
> i ran most applications, however a mistake can always have sneaked in
> (probably a few have).
>
> Roy-Magne Mo has already found and fixed a few small buglets in esound,
> libgnomeui and libbonoboui. I'll incorperate those into the packages
> tomorrow.
>
> if / when the specs are ready, ill try to submit them to the apropiate
> package maintainers.

I could have sworn that I read you started from the rawhide/gnomehide
spec files, but maybe that was another message.  Anyway, if you did so,
I hope you cleaned them up, at least making the headers readable, as in
the pkg-config spec file posted to the list.  The ones that Havoc,
Jonathan, Jeremy and crew have written are PUG UGLY (and I've told them
this, but they don't really care).  :-)
	Greg

--
Portland, Oregon, USA.