pre-pre version of new spec files / srpms / rpms

Ok, ive gone ahead and invested my free saterday in rewriting the spec files for the gnome 2 alpha release. You can find the fruits of my labor at :

http://mailman.chabotc.com/pre-gnome2

It includes RPM's (redhat 7.2 build), SRPMS, and .spec files.

For the most part, all critical dependencies are now filled in in the packages, also the gnome2 naming style is used. (packages which were put on the ftp.gnome.org site did not use this 'default' naming convention which was decided on for gnome2, thus breaking any redhat 7.2 system without much manual labor).

Consider these a pre release of the packages, everything has been rebuild and installed a couple of times on different machines here, and i ran most applications, however a mistake can always have sneaked in (probably a few have).

Roy-Magne Mo has already found and fixed a few small buglets in esound, libgnomeui and libbonoboui. I'll incorperate those into the packages tomorrow.

if / when the specs are ready, ill try to submit them to the apropiate package maintainers.

   -- Chris Chabot