Some real life needs

hello

preparing for a galeon release we are faced with the following problem:
we need to depend on the newly released gconf 1.0.4, there are not many
well known places that already have a rpm/deb/(arbitrary packaging
format) for it, thus leading to the very unpleasant situation of users
flocking to the suport places asking "where do i get this from?,  in a
package please"

looks to me like the perfect option for the gpp to provide help to all
gnome projects, by providing plain packages for the latest releases of
all the projects in the gnome cvs, rh6 and rh7 rpms would be enough as a
start, unofficial debs would be also nice

what is needed for this to become reality?

regards
yanko