Re: FWD: Red Hat: Linux desktop should take on MS

<quote who="Miles Lane">

> "We think we can deliver a fully integrated solution that is based on
> open-source technologies," Szulik said. A year ago, information technology
> executives didn't consider the issue, but "I would say it's accelerating
> (and) showing up in three to four conversations a month now with chief
> information officers."

I've just finished a prototype/demonstration gig for a large corporate here
in Sydney. 500 seats, desktop and server side. They were *very* impressed,
and our 3 year TCO was significantly less than Microsoft's (who sent in
their own men, because they didn't want to leave it to some random IT
company - they have a lot to lose on this).

The interest is there. The solution is not. :-)

- Jeff

--
       The implementation of any sufficiently advanced technology is
                        indistinguishable from pr0n.