Re: hi

mån 2002-06-24 klockan 13.18 skrev Jeff Waugh:
> <quote who="Thomas Vander Stichele">
>
> > The thing that would make me have doubts about debian however is the fact
> > that it's still very user-unfriendly
>
> A lot of Debian people would say that yes, it's still unfriendly for the
> most part, but the infrastructure is there to fix that, if people could be
> bothered to do the work. Most Debian developers are not so interested in
> doing that - it's not a high priority for them.

OK, so if we play our cards well we might get the stuff back into
Debian.

> > So I'll just lay back and follow the discussions for a while.
>
> Welcome, you're a cool person to have along for the ride. :-)
>
> [ Re: RPM... I think the package format would be better for us, but I think
> the Debian distribution has more finesse and network effect to help us...
> RPM distros seem to be defined more by Red Hat's rules than their own, apart
> from SuSE. Dunno how we can solve that nicely, and gain the benefits of both
> sides. ]

OK, so what would we have to do to get started working from a Debian
base? Since I'm the only one having tried/prefer the Gentoo package
format I'm resting my case on that issue.

Regards,
  Mikael Hallendal

--
Mikael Hallendal                micke codefactory se
CodeFactory AB                  http://www.codefactory.se/