Re: GNOME OS Goals

I think we have to be able to define ourselves, our audience/category and our competitive advantage much more clearly than this.

Here's what I got out of this ... we are going to do things in open source, it's going to be beautiful and it's going to help ourselves, app developers, Linux distros and users.

But how? What is it?

What is it that we are doing and how is it differentiated from the solutions that are already out there? What space are we in, i.e. who are the competitors in that space? How is this going to be even better?

(For example, nothing you described said GNOME nor Firefox OS to me, yet you related it to Firefox OS. I can describe Firefox OS. It's a mobile platform built on open source and web technologies. And I can describe why that's good for each audience, http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefoxos/. I could also tell you clearly who I think the competitors are.)

I'm sure many of you intuitively know the answer to these questions. We have to be able to write them down and explain them to others.

Stormy