Re: The next Gnome Office release.

On Wed, 2004-03-31 at 06:57, E. A. Zen wrote:
> On 03/31/04 00:31:45, Charles Goodwin wrote:
> >
> >  I think that every time a GO application gets a minor version bump,
> > we  should quiety bump the GO version number.  Let me elaborate
> > before  forming an opinion.

Making a release is a significant amount of work. I think the whole
processes consumes at least 10-20 hours of development time. Building
binaries, updating websites, writing release notes, spamming the
internet is all work which I no longer find particularly fun.

If there are people out there who like to do this sort of thing please
step forward! I'd rather just be hacking.

But this is beside the point. I really like Jody's suggestion.

Gnome-Office-1.2 by mid-year with AbiWord 2.2, GNOME-DB-1.0x and
Gnumeric-1.4-forwindows.

One thing to consider is whether to include other gtk for Windows apps
in our package. If we're going to the trouble

Maybe Gnome-Office-2.0 some time next year with Gnumeric-2.0,
AbiWord-2.4, GNOME-DB-1.2, libgoffice, libgsf, plus lots more cool
stuff.

Maybe Mergeant, gnu-cash,inkscape, conglomerate and more....

Cheers

Martin