Re: The next Gnome Office release.

On Tue, 2004-03-30 at 14:54 -0500, Mark Gilbert wrote:
> I think it is unnecessary to have minor releases be synced
> for a low profile GO-1.2.  If 1.2 is a stable abi 2.2.1 and a a stable
> gnumeric 1.4.2 so be it.  And if it happens that we are synced wrt the
> minor increment and the releases are gold to GO, great.

I was thinking about this the other day.

I think that every time a GO application gets a minor version bump, we
should quiety bump the GO version number.  Let me elaborate before
forming an opinion.

GO 1.1 was Abi 2.0 and Gnumeric 1.2.

Abi bumps to 2.0.1, autobump GO to 1.1.1, Gnumeric bumps to 1.2.1,
autobump GO to 1.1.2, etc etc.  If GO waited a week or two before
version bumps, then this could account for quick-fire releases as has
happened with both AbiWord and Gnumeric recently.

Bah, sounds good to me but I'm not sure anybody else will agree.
--
- Charlie

Charles Goodwin <charlie xwt org>
Online @ http://www.charlietech.com