Re: GnuCash page on GO site

Jody Goldberg <jody gnome org> writes:

> Wrong level of abstraction.  The core of gsf is a stream interface
> read/write.  You can pump whatever data you want into that.  The
> benefit is the simple comfortable interface that will go to or from
>     - files
>     - memory buffers
>     - mmap
>     - gzip/bzip content
>     - vfs/bonobo (with the optional libgsf-gnome)
> The other main abstraction is the structured file interface with
> implementations for zip, ole2 (possibly tar if I bother to finish
> it).  I suspect you just want to pump over some xml.  No need for a
> zip file of fields.  Although there are some cute little libxml
> convenience routines to make writing fast sax based parsers and
> exporters (including namespaces) easy.

This isn't code we're working on right now.  What we've got works, and
we're not really making any changes to it at this point in time.

>> A better overview of gal would be nice.
>
> Just call it 'libevolution' and ignore it.

Wish I could -- it's a dependency of either libgtkhtml or libgnomeui
-- I don't recall which.  So I can't ignore it.   Wish I could.

-derek

       warlord MIT EDU                        PGP key available