Re: Inkscape now ships with tutorial - made in Inkscape!

On Sun, 2004-02-15 at 17:52, David Bolack wrote:
> At 02:46 AM 2/15/2004, Charles Goodwin wrote:
> >I sniff presentation application ability.  A smart combination of this
> >and Abiword features and we might have a shortcut to a nifty
> >presentation application.
>
>    Is this a form of SMIL ?

Well I had to look that one up:
http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/

"The Synchronized Multimedia Integration Language (SMIL, pronounced
'smile') enables simple authoring of interactive audiovisual
presentations. SMIL is typically used for "rich media"/multimedia
presentations which integrate streaming audio and video with images,
text or any other media type. SMIL is an easy-to-learn HTML-like
language, and many SMIL presentations are written using a simple
text-editor."

I couldn't answer your question, because I don't really know.  But I do
think, judging from what little I learnt from the SMIL webpage, that it
sounds like a very promising approach to take.
--
- Charlie

The future of the net - www.xwt.org

Charles Goodwin <charlie xwt org>