Re: website contender (beta)

On Sun, 2004-02-08 at 02:56, Marc Maurer wrote:
> Since Charles is improving on the sample content on his page after
> mailing this list, just image his content in my layout :)
>
> Additional note: I still think that header on Charles page is way too
> large. Heck, on a 800x600 resolution, almost no usefull content is
> shown. That's was one of the reasons I created (read: stole) the layout
> in the page below.

Um your header takes up only 20 less pixels when the links are taken
into account.  It's a fallacy that it's lots smaller because you have
those links underneath it that I contained within it!  So I'm a bit
sceptical of your claim that 'amonst no useful content is shown'. ;)

I have been resizing my browser to make sure I'm not forgetting
lower-res audiences.

But I'll mess about tomorrow evening reducing the header by, say, 20
pixels.  It shouldn't take too long but I'm beat and I've got a lot of
driving to do tomorrow.
--
- Charlie

The future of the net - www.xwt.org