Re: Proposed website design

On Sat, 2004-02-07 at 20:02, David Bolack wrote:
>   One. The website talk is drowning out some of the technical and we are
> losing some of the technical folks cause they don't care what shade of blue
> to use.  I'd like to suggest a separate list be set up, temporarily - or
> perhaps not so - while the site is devved and just ping here once you hit
> milestones.

I think a better solution would be for us web-interested folks to grab
an irc channel.  #gnomeoffice on freenode or #office on irc.gimp.org?

That way we can get all the chitter chatter out the way and only present
more relevant notices to the list.

>   Two. We still need to think out how we're presenting the package AND if
> we're going to want to talk at all about the elated, but not "core Gnome
> Office" products and how they'll fit into the picture.  I'm not sure how
> that affects the site design at this point.

It doesn't really affect the site design.  I would like to see us better
representing Gtk/Gnome Office-related applications but I don't think
that's a primary concern right now.

Our immediate goals:
- overhaul design
- represent core Gnome Office applications
- GO documentation (roadmap etc)

Everything else can be put off until after this.
--
- Charlie

The future of the net - www.xwt.org

Charles Goodwin <charlie xwt org>