Re: header attempts

On Fri, 2004-02-06 at 01:09 +0000, Charles Goodwin wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-02-06 at 01:01, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
> > We probably want to use something format-agnostic
>
> +1 (and what I've been saying, although less elegantly, all along!)
>
> > The mono project uses, IIRC, a wiki-like syntax to write
> > the pages, which are then converted to HTML automatically.
> > I'd vote for something as simple as that, instead of having
> > to deal with the HTML tags directly.
>
> Have you seen the XML used by the Gentoo website:
> http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/xml-guide.xml
>
> Although that's aimed at documentation, we could adopt something
> similar.  It'd be easy to use (and besides, we have an XML editor!) as
> well as easy to transform - there are many xslt tools out there.
> --

it looks a lot like Docbook, which has a DTD specially designed for
websites. So, if we are going to use something like that, I'd vote for
Docbook, since many people already know it.

But still, a simpler thing like Mono's wiki syntax would make things
much easier for anyone to add content to the web.

cheers