Re: SVG support [was Re: GO logo]

On Mon, 2004-02-02 at 23:40, Alan Horkan wrote:
> In all honesty I think Inkscape is more like to provide in that regard.
> Dia had Bonobo support before the Gnome2 port but I forget if it has been
> reenabled, similarly with Inkscape (sodipodi, inkscape didn't exist before
> the Gnome2 port) but I think they have bonobo support working again.
>
> But dont take my word for it ask the dia list.
>
> I can say without doubt that we need a better vector graphics support in
> GTK, Dia shouldn't need to implement rotation itself (even rotation by 90
> degrees would have done wonders for Dia) but it is hard enough to find
> someone willing and able to do this at application level let alone at the
> toolkit level.

Doesn't Inkscape already have full rotation and other transforms at
application level?

I have to agree that Inkscape is probably the best avenue for SVG
support.  They already plan on exporting their SVG canvas into a
separate library [1].  It is also more active than Dia.

[1] See #9 on their roadmap: http://www.inkscape.org/roadmap.php
--
- Charlie

The future of the net - www.xwt.org