Re: Plugin System

On Mon, 2003-09-22 at 09:37, Dave Malcolm wrote:
> On Sun, 2003-09-21 at 22:23, Bob Smith wrote:

> > Jody and I spent a significant amount of time figuring out a common set
> > of terms so we could describe what we need. Some of this email covers
> > that. I don't know if your following paragraph asks me about a loader or
> > a discoverer. Multiple discovery types would allow for things like
> > storing the list of plugins on a server or storing plugin metadata in a
> > .net dll.
>
> You could even have what I like to call "glue-ins":  code that acts like
> a plugin but which is statically linked into the main executable.

Exactly. My application embeds various scripting languages but has a
default simple to use one geared towards my app. This could be
implemented using the same plugin system but is provided by the program
rather then a plugin. We could add in the api a function to statically
add/remove a gluein.

--
Bob Smith <bob thestuff net>