Re: [Conglomerate-devel] Re: Making Conglomerate part of Gnome Office

On Thu, Sep 18, 2003 at 07:13:13PM +0200, Rodrigo Moya wrote:

> oh, yes, I forgot this in the status mail. As the files/objects/etc are
> namespaced for GOffice, iirc, it shouldn't be difficult. Or is there any
> other issue, like dependencies on the internal gnumeric code?

It is pulling in small parts of gnumeric code, but the intention is
to pull those down into goffice when it get split out.  For example
a few widgets.

The plugin code will be trickier.  We've learned a fair amount since
the gnome-office module code split out.
    - requirements for management
	(user/groups/system)
	(per app vs per system)
    - Ways of simplifying the types of services.  GObject only seems
      a bit too strict.   Something like func, GObject, system, and
      data seems necessary.
    - handling stubs
    - There is also an active debate on how to handle registry.  Do
      we continue using the discovery approach with light xml.  Or
      move to a gdk-pixbuf-query-loads approach