Re: IM component for Gnome Office

fre 2003-11-21 klockan 17.20 skrev Jody Goldberg:
> On Thu, Nov 20, 2003 at 02:25:58PM +0000, Charles Goodwin wrote:
> > Should Gnome Office include an instant messenger application?
> >
> > The two most likely candidates would be:
> > Gaim - gaim.sf.net
> > Gossip - gossip.imendio.org
>
> I suspect not.  Things like that are migrating into the core of
> gnome itself, as is evolution (or at least there are people that
> would like it to).  My preference would be for GNOME Office apps to
> be somewhat data/doument centric.  People seem to treat
> communication tools differently.  I've had long arguments on whether
> or not Gnome Meeting (a wonderful application) belong in the core of
> Gnome any more than abi or gnumerc.  The result always tends to
> boil down to communications being given a higher priority than data.

I tend to agree with Jody, I think GNOME Office isn't the right place
for an IM client or Gnome Meeting. Let's keep GNOME Office more about
documentation/data centric apps.

Regards,
  Mikael Hallendal
--
Mikael Hallendal               micke imendio com
Imendio HB                     http://www.imendio.com