Re: Gnome Office updates

> >> Unless Gnome Office is going to be ruthless on a 'advocate one app
> >> only  for each task', which is not something I would have thought we
> >> would  want to be doing.

It would be aq taad hypocritical of us to advocate along those lines
given that we're complaining about our apps being removed in favour
of OOo using the same logic.

I'd have to disagree here. I don't complain about our apps being "removed" in favor of OOo because we're just "duplicate functionality." I complain about it because OOo has absolutely nothing to do with Gnome technologies in its current form. It doesn't use GTK. It doesn't use the icon theme spec. It doesn't use GnomePrint. It doesn't use VFS (ok, maybe Michael's branch does). It doesn't use much of anything Gnome-related. At least something Mozilla uses some GTK/GDK bits under the hood and makes a passable attempt at following my GTK theme...

OpenOffice is OpenOffice. Look, they've got the word Office right there embedded in their name. And what precedes that is not "Gnome." OpenOffice is not GnomeOffice, though it is plausible that some could call it "Gnome's Office Suite". The space in the name is quite significant to me.

Tripping in semantics,
Dom

Set yourself up for fun at home! Get tips on home entertainment equipment, video game reviews, and more here. http://special.msn.com/home/homeent.armx