Subject: Re: Re-energising th eGnome Office portal
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 15:56:24 +0000 (GMT)
From: Alan Horkan <horkana maths tcd ie>
To: Charles Goodwin <charlie xwt org>

Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 15:35:16 +0000
From: Charles Goodwin <charlie xwt org>
To: Alan Horkan <horkana maths tcd ie>

Alan Horkan wrote:
> Patches welcome.
>
> Update the content first, worry about the redesign and lists of
> other tasks later.

Well, if there were a definitive list of the projects within Gnome
Office then this would be trivial.

That's my point; it's a bit disorganised.  How can I offer patches when
I don't know what should and shouldn't be there?

The only patch I could offer for the moment would be that, on the front
page, 'DAtabase' should obviously be 'database'.

The web pages are in CVS somewhere, you might mail Ureaus as he is listed
at the bottom of the page as the maintainer and he will probably let you
get started.  My point is basically that action is more what is needed
than planning (sorry if I'm being too blunt).

new name for Mr Project, as you mentioned

remove, strike out Agnubis, or (maybe) replace with Criawips (although
that is probably not such a good idea as i has not had a release yet).

you might also mention about Gnumeric Abiword and to a lesser extent
Gnome-db integration that was declared Gnome Office 1.0 (which again was
pretty much what I thought you were suggesting).

The GIMP team certainly dont consider themselves part of Gnome let alone
part of Gnome Office, although it is useful information from the user
point of view.
If Gimp merits a mention then so does CinePaint http://cinepaint.sf.net
and the newly formed Inkscape http://inkscape.org/ probably deserves a
mention alongside Sodipodi.