Re: gnome-recent, ready to rock

On Wed, 2001-12-05 at 20:12, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> Sure, but that's a detail that will get resolved in a later release,
> as we move things from GAL to lower levels.
>
> I talked to Jody about this for a while, I don't know if we ever
> posted/advertised our opinion, but essentially we both felt that the
> correct thing to do was gradually move features to lower library
> layers as they mature and it seems to make sense.
>
> In this case I think it's also possible to interoperate just by
> manually reading/tweaking the GConf key, as well.
>
> Anyway, nothing is perfect - the API freeze is done with full
> knowledge many desired features did not make it in time for the
> freeze.

Putting this in gal seems fine to me.  The only thing I'm at all
concerned with is that gal doesn't currently depend on gconf.

However, if this is a gnome2 library and gnome-libs2 depends on gconf,
we can totally change this for the gnome2 port of gal.

I'm totally up for integrating this.  We should talk more when the
gnome2 port of gal builds up steam.

Thanks,
    Chris