Re: GUADEC Results
- From: Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com>
- To: Michael Meeks <michael ximian com>
- Cc: Lauris Kaplinski <lauris ximian com>, Martin Sevior <msevior mccubbin ph unimelb edu au>, Joe Shaw <joe ximian com>, Mike Kestner <mkestner ameritech net>, Sam TH <sam uchicago edu>, gnome-office-list mail gnome org, trow gnu org, james daa com au
- Subject: Re: GUADEC Results
- Date: 14 Apr 2001 07:48:37 -0400
Michael Meeks <michael ximian com> writes:
> On 14 Apr 2001, Lauris Kaplinski wrote:
> > > We'd like a Java2D-style vector API in GDK, which would
> > > transparently use Xrender as appropriate to speed things up. When
> > > hacking on this sort of thing, it'd be valuable to think of it as a
> > > prototype of the GDK solution I'd guess.
> Also, personaly I prefer an 'expose'->'render' model rather than a
> 'auxiliary model'->'demand rendered' model of rendering. Naturaly this
> needs some extra cunning, but having multiple models of the displayed data
> sucks, and forcing a model on an application sucks too for most things
> IMHO. AFAIR Java2D is the latter sucking model.
Seems sane. By "Java2D-style" I really just mean "similar in scope"
rather than "similar in API" - if we knew the right API we'd be
halfway to having the work already done. ;-)
] [Thread Prev