Re: GUADEC Results

On 14 Apr 2001, Lauris Kaplinski wrote:
> > We'd like a Java2D-style vector API in GDK, which would
> > transparently use Xrender as appropriate to speed things up. When
> > hacking on this sort of thing, it'd be valuable to think of it as a
> > prototype of the GDK solution I'd guess.

	Also, personaly I prefer an 'expose'->'render' model rather than a
'auxiliary model'->'demand rendered' model of rendering. Naturaly this
needs some extra cunning, but having multiple models of the displayed data
sucks, and forcing a model on an application sucks too for most things
IMHO. AFAIR Java2D is the latter sucking model.

	Wibble,

		Michael.