Bonobo - storage formats ...

Hi Daniel,

On Fri, 17 Nov 2000, Daniel Veillard wrote:
>   Sounds really good. Assuming that API wise ABI get bonoboized, the next
> step is to try to reach compatibility at the serialization level.
>   Did you had a look at the suggested OpenOffice XML/Zip bazed format ?

        This really should not be an issue addressed at the AbiWord
level; this is something to be addressed by the OpenOffice / Bonob guys
who write bonobo storage / stream backends. This can be done totaly
transparently.

        All AbiWord should do is implement Bonobo/PersistStream, and tell
the world that it supports an XML content type ( and probably an
application/x-word ). Then everything can be done by a Bonobo plug-in
storage module to turn it into a flat xml document ( or whatever ), zip
it etc.

        Regards,

                Michael.

PS. can we stop cross posting to foundation-list ?