Re: What is GNOME office?

> That is, to have a gnome-office-libs where code such as common file formats,
> GUI stuff, etc, and, most importantly, common IDL interfaces, so that people
> can choose any component from any project.

A few of the gnumeric and achtung guys talked about this serveral months
ago, but development has been slow on it. Mike Kestner, however, has been
working on a bonobo-based drawing library that I think can be shared
across many of the office apps.

As a side note, I can definitely see the desire to want to have several
different applications that do the same thing. With applications this big,
that is imply what is going to happen because you are going to have a hard
time getting everyone to agree on something. I think the same, however,
will happen when trying to create these common components everyone is so
happy about. Don't get me wrong, I would love it, but I think many of the
same disputes that are popping up with the applications themselves and how
they are architected and implemented will arise with the components.

Maybe I am just being pessimistic because I am tired and at
COMDEX. *shrug*

Joe