[gnome-nl] Any news on a GUADEC bid?

Hi guys,

I've been thinking a lot about GUADEC in the Netherlands, somewhere near
Amsterdam (Rotterdam, Twente or Leiden come to mind) and I think we
could have a *really* great conference - I already have some great ideas
for local keynote speakers we could invite.

Are you guys interested in putting in a bid? I think even a tentative
bid, with just a site confirmed, would be a great start - and I think
that if we size the bid for 400 people in the biggest presentation hall,
then we could even have a local university host us for free. The only
other thing that you probably need to put a bid together is federating
local LUGs around the idea - perhaps NLLUG on a national level, and one
local LUG to the university if there is one.

I really encourage you to do it - it'll be great, great, great - and you
will have lots of help to make it great.

What do you think?

Cheers,
Dave.

--