Re: [gnome-network]Patch for GNOME Remote Shell

On Sun, 2004-01-11 at 04:01 +0100, Ulrich Neumann wrote:
> Hello,
>
> attached are two patch files and a new file that changes/adds the
> following to GNOME Remote Shell:
> - Added gnome-remote-shell.h that holds prototypes and definitions.
> - Some UI corrections
> - Added profiles
> - Added functionality to clear user and/or host history
> - Added support for command line parameters -l and -h
> - Added support to pass a preset username with -l to the window:
> Esample: gnome-remote-shell -l remoteuser
> - These Patches take care of BUG# 125705 and BUG# 130674
>
> You need all files in order to use all of the above. I hope i'm early
> enough that these patches can be added to the next release of Gnome,
> because UI freeze will be on monday.

yes, they're on time, but some things need to be changed:

> +	/* create .gnome-remote-shell dir in ~/ */
> +	profiles_filename = g_build_path ((const gchar *)"/",
> +			    g_get_home_dir(), ".gnome-remote-shell.profiles", NULL);
> +
> +	/* open the file for reading */
> +	if ((fptr = open(profiles_filename, O_WRONLY | O_TRUNC | O_CREAT, 0)) > 0) {

why do we need a file for storing the profiles? Can't we store them in GConf?

Apart from that, it looks ok. So, please, if possible, change it to use GConf for
storing the profiles, and re-send the patch. I'll commit it before the UI freeze
actually happens.

cheers