Re: [gnome-network]GnetworkHttpServer and GNOME Personal Web Server

On Wed, 2003-09-10 at 06:47 -0400, Kevin C. Krinke wrote:
> My votes (for what they're worth):
>
> +1 ... to the general idea of GnetworkHttpServer
> +1 ... to the idea of code reuse in library form
> +1 ... to more than one protocol supported
>
> Might I suggest a renaming if there is indeed support for more than the
> HTTP protocol?

> I'd suggest something simple like GnetworkServicer or GnetworkServices.

well, we want to provide both client and server APIs (for some
protocols), so it seems clearer to me to have *Server and *Client, than
*Service and ??

> Just my 2 cents worth...
>
> PS: I couldn't build pws due to the configure script not finding
> libcherokee even though I've tried installing all the debian packages
> (incl. the -dev) and even uninstalling and then installing from
> (non-debian) source, but to no avail. Any help would be appreciated as
> I'd love to try what you've got out!

I haven't myself tried yet (Alvaro just committed the sources to CVS),
so cant say. I'm sure the other Alvaro (Cherokee's author) will know.

cheers