Re: [gnome-network]ssh and the gnome desktop

> >  which is nice. It
> > still needs to stabalising and bugfixing and stuff.
> >
> works pretty well for me, I haven't had problems with it. What problems
> are you getting with it?

* if i open a file off sftp: with gedit it is read only
* It'd nice if nautilus gave you some indication that it is trying to
connect.
* Sometimes I loose the connection and have to restart nautilus to
connect again. Could be a vfs bug tho.

> > Has anyone given this area any thought? gnome-vfs-sftp isn't even in
> > Gnome cvs.
> >  Should it be added and become part of the gnome-network
> > meta-package or should it be added as a module to gnome-vfs?
> >
> I think it's going to be added to gnome-vfs, not sure. There are plans,
> thats for sure, for 2.6 to fix that.

Cool. Know who's planning?

> > Someone(probably me) needs to contact it's maintainer and try and get it
> > sorted...
> >
> > I'd really like to get this in a much better shape for Gnome 2.6
> >
> yes, I think in fact having ssh: working as well as sftp does might be
> an easy affordable compromise.

If it could work that would be great, but sftp is a lot faster, and I'm
not sure if ssh: could be made that fast. donno

--
Mark Finlay
Computer Science Student

E-Mail:	sisob_AT_tuxfamily_DOT_org