Re: [gnome-network]ssh and the gnome desktop
- From: Mark Finlay <sisob tuxfamily org>
- To: Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo gnome-db org>
- Cc: gnome-network-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: [gnome-network]ssh and the gnome desktop
- Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 15:38:43 +0000
> > which is nice. It
> > still needs to stabalising and bugfixing and stuff.
> works pretty well for me, I haven't had problems with it. What problems
> are you getting with it?
* if i open a file off sftp: with gedit it is read only
* It'd nice if nautilus gave you some indication that it is trying to
* Sometimes I loose the connection and have to restart nautilus to
connect again. Could be a vfs bug tho.
> > Has anyone given this area any thought? gnome-vfs-sftp isn't even in
> > Gnome cvs.
> > Should it be added and become part of the gnome-network
> > meta-package or should it be added as a module to gnome-vfs?
> I think it's going to be added to gnome-vfs, not sure. There are plans,
> thats for sure, for 2.6 to fix that.
Cool. Know who's planning?
> > Someone(probably me) needs to contact it's maintainer and try and get it
> > sorted...
> > I'd really like to get this in a much better shape for Gnome 2.6
> yes, I think in fact having ssh: working as well as sftp does might be
> an easy affordable compromise.
If it could work that would be great, but sftp is a lot faster, and I'm
not sure if ssh: could be made that fast. donno
Computer Science Student
] [Thread Prev