[gnome-network]ssh and the gnome desktop

Hey all,

In my experience ssh is becoming the standard for unix remote
administration as well as on the fly file access. I use ssh to get at
all my unix accounts in college and on the web and so does everyone else
I know.

And to be honest the state of ssh in Gnome is poor. ssh: in nautilus is
unreliable and only can be used if you have password-less access
working.

gnome-vfs-sftp is a lot better, but still not perfect. It does use
ssh-askpass if available (apparently, I haven't tried) which is nice. It
still needs to stabalising and bugfixing and stuff.

Has anyone given this area any thought? gnome-vfs-sftp isn't even in
Gnome cvs. Should it be added and become part of the gnome-network
meta-package or should it be added as a module to gnome-vfs?
Someone(probably me) needs to contact it's maintainer and try and get it
sorted...

I'd really like to get this in a much better shape for Gnome 2.6

--
Mark Finlay
Computer Science Student

E-Mail:	sisob_AT_tuxfamily_DOT_org