Re: [gnome-network]Re: gnome-network VPN client
- From: Paul Coates <Paul Coates ncl ac uk>
- To: Carlos Morgado <chbm gnome org>
- Cc: gnome-network-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: [gnome-network]Re: gnome-network VPN client
- Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 10:36:43 +0000
On Tue, 2003-10-28 at 23:17, Carlos Morgado wrote:
> On Mon, 27 Oct 2003 11:29:48, Paul Coates wrote:
> > I always considered VPN to be similar to dialup, both provide a new
> > network interface with an IP address on the remote network, and you need
> > to setup your routing to play nice with the other network interfaces.
> iirc frees/wan doesn't provide a network device.
VPN using PPTP and IPSec are two different animals, I should have said
VPN using PPTP. PPTP uses PPP and creates new interfaces, from what I
can tell IPSec does it's own thing on top of IP.
> does panther suport IPSec ?
Panther does support IPSec, I watched a demo yesterday and it's one of
the options in the Network Configuration along with VPN (PPTP), Built-in
Computing Officer - Networks
] [Thread Prev