RE: [GNOME-my]JHbuild of Gnome 2.5 - march 15

On Mon, 2004-03-15 at 22:30 +1100, Colin Charles wrote:

> Serisouly, use Fedora Core 1 at least (or Debian). jamesh uses it too,
> iirc.

Another way to make sure you don't have all this mess when testing is to
create a clean room jail/virtual server. ssh into this virtual server,
and compile your stuff there. Then use XDMCP or something and run the
test Gnome Desktop on :1 or something.

This way you can test, your Gnome stuff (or anything else for that
matter) without messing your main setup. I run a few of these jailed
environments. Great for development, if you stuff up, you just wipe rm
-rf it, and create another one.

--
"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it
means."

FreeBSD 5.2-CURRENT i386
11:29pm  up 1 day, 13 mins, 2 users, load averages: 2.17, 2.05, 1.89