[GNOME-my]Re: [Fwd: Conferences in the coming year]

Hasbullah Bin Pit wrote:

I would like to ask wether MIMOS or UPSI has plan to do
any opensource/FLOSS/FS conference in 2004.

Actually we (MIMOS) have not decided this yet.  Organising a conference
takes a very large amount of time and effort (something like 3 months
x several people, up to 6 months for 1-2 people).  That cuts
heavily into other projects.

Having said that, we recognise that Malaysia will benefit from
regular open source / free software conferences.

The trouble with a joint conference is that it's very difficult
to make quick decisions.  Every decision has to be okayed / discussed
with the other party - so more time is spent in meetings, and
less time is available to contact speakers etc.

Imran