Re: [GNOME-my][Fwd: Re: GNOME malaysia web hosted]

On Mon, 2003-12-01 at 12:16, Hasbullah Bin Pit wrote:
> > I won't rush for it.. but hope to plan careful about it and have
> > discussion about what it will look like under this mailing list for the
> > planned website.
>
> I agree for not rushing,
>
> It's posible to make our website URL nicer
> such as, gnome-my.gnome.org  (hmmm duplicated "gnome"
> 	malaysia.gnome.org
>           gnome-my.asiaosc.org (can we kautim with mimos opensource? )
>           gnome.org.my
>   can aisaosc host ourwebsite using external domain?

i'd personally like gnome-my.asiaosc.org (actually, my-gnome.asiaosc.org
sounds even better).

if we get a domain (gnome.org.my), we can host it at asiaosc - of
course, we have the tiny issue of having to get it to redirect to the
asiaosc website. so its not hosting, its more of redirection.

> > Just nominate the person who will have permission to upload and hold
> > the password.  Get them to send in (fax or by email) some photo-ID,
> > using the normal procedure.
>
> we should redo this if the webiste maintainer changing?

nah. maybe we'll just send a logo of a foot :P

> > Because colin charles said he thinks it will be a problem for many people,
> > who do not have IC or passport (e.g. many people in India).
>
> switch to M$ Passport
> hehehe

works with erm... Mono to some degree i'm sure (vs.net and mono i mean).
--
Colin Charles, byte aeon com my
http://www.bytebot.net/